W.B.C.S. Preliminary English Question Paper-Antonym
- Choose the appropriate antonym of ‘Adore’
- The antonym of Forgo” is
- The antonym of the word weird is
- The antonym of the word superficial is
The correct antonym of ‘Lecherous’ is
- The darkness covered the whole countryside.
Choose the word opposite in meaning to the word underlined below :
- The appearance of the stranger was forbidding.
- Choose the word opposite in meaning to the word underlined below :
People responded to the leader's speech with shouts of ecstasy.
- Choose the correct meaning of the word from the alternatives given below :
(A) Most typical example
(B) Most wanted thing
(C) Most popular
(D) Most utilized
Choose the word opposite in meaning to thi word underlined below :
- The crowd felt stupefied by the lecture.
- The silence of the children was sinister.
- Tour de force.
(B) Grand Tour
(C) Long Tour
(D) Art and Culture
- His point was lost amid the cacophony.
- The possibility of failure was imminent.
- Choose the correct alternatives from the options to fill in the blanks:
They 'laughed down' the man means that they —— the man.
(B) Laughed with
(C) Ridiculed and belittled
- Select the pair in the following options, which is set in opposition :
(A) Erroneous — Faulty
(B) Reticent — Silent
(C) Vilify — Slander
(C) None of the above
- The opposite of 'remote' is :
Select the pair in the following options which is set in opposition
(A) Liquid - Solid
(B) Enough - Adequate
(C) Entice - Lure
(D) Excess - Surplus