W.B.C.S. Preliminary Question Paper
- Insert the right preposition in the blank space:
He died _______dengue.
- Fillin the blank with the appropriate option:
He spends hours the phone everyday.
- Fillinthe blank with the appropriate option:
He works an insurance company.
- She has no control __________her temper.
(A) on ,
- Fill in the blank with the appropriate option:
What are you worrying _______?
- He is taller than you
(D) by two inches.
- Fill in the blank with the right option:
He was offended
(D) towards me unjustly.
- Fill in the blank with the suitable preposition:
He presided _____the meeting.
- He cannot cope ________this pressure.
- We sat ____ the shade of the tree.
- What is the time ____ your watch?
- He deals____ cosmetic goods.
- Ram made the most ____ his resources.
- He preferred classical music_____ popular numbers.
(B) of (
- Here is the man _____ you asked _____ .
(A) whom, about
(B) that, for
(C) for, from
(D) this, for
- He has a preference ___ tea ___ coffee
(A) over, for
(B) for, to
(C) for, over
(D) to, over
- It is 9'o clock____ my watch
- She was running short ____ time.
- He was waiting ____ the train.
- He saved her ____ certain death.
- I prevailed ___ him to join our group
(d) along with.
- The crew were ___ the ship for a month.
(A) on board
- He hinted ______some loss treasure.
- Here is the watch _____ you asked _____.
(A) which, for
(b) that, for
(c) for, from
(d) this, for
He is ___ the phone right now.
He held his breath ____ several minutes.
- I was alarmed —— the news of my brother's illness.
- I am going to Chennai —— Monday —— tour.
(A) On, of
(B) On, with
(C) In, with
(D) Of, on
- He sympathised —— him in his bereavement.
- He succeeded by dint —— his hard labour.
- Fill in the blanks with appropriate preposition :
I have no desire —— fame
- There is a exception —— every rule