W.B.C.S. Preliminary Question Paper
- Which state is known as the ‘Molassis basin’? ,
- The earlier name of WTO was
- Pongol is the main festival of
(A) Tamil Nadu
(D) Andhra Pradesh
- Shanti Swamp Bhatnagar Prize is awarded in the field of
(B) Science and Technology
- Central Rice Research Institute is located in
- Dilatometer is used for the measurement of
(A) electrical energy
(B) mechanical energy
(C) dimensional change in material
(D) thermal energy
- DUMA' is related to 'Russia' in the same way as 'ECCLESIA' is related to ——.
- Teachers’ Day is observed every year in India on
(A) September, 5
(B) October, 2
(C) November, 6
(D) December, 25
- International Day of the Tropics is observed every year on
(A) 23rd March
(B) 4th July
(C) 22nd September
(D) 29th June
- National Institute of Disaster Management or NIDM was previously named as :
(A) National Centre of Disaster Management
(B) National Council of Disaster Management
(C) National Committee for Disaster Management
(D) National Task Force on Disaster Management
- Who among the following historians has written the book entitled ‘The wonder that was India’ ?
(A) A. L. Basham
(B) Alison Bashford
(C) R. C. Majumder
(D) Satish Chandra
- India celebrated / will celebrate its 70th Constitution Day in
- Which region is called the granary of South India ?
(D) Coromondal coast
- Kakrapar Atomic Centre is located near which city in India ?
- Who is the author of Flood of Fire ?
(A) Amit Mitra
(B) Amit Chaudhury
(C) Amitava Ghosh
(D) Atul K Thakur
- What is the currency of Iran ?
(A) Iranian Rial
(B) Iranian Rubel
(C) Iranian Diner
(D) Iranian Dollar
- Which date is marked as the World Day for War Orphans ?
(A) January 3
(B) January 4
(C) January 5
(D) January 6
- Which day is celebrated every year on 5th of December by Food and Agriculture Organization(FAO) of the United Nations?
(A) World Soil Day
(B) World Health Day
(C) World Irrigation Day
(D) World Anti-Starvation Day
- International Day of Peace was observed on which theme in 2017 ?
(A) ’Together for Peace : Respect, Safety and Dignity for All’.
(B) ’United for Peace : Respect, Safety and Dignity for All’.
(C) ’Together for Peace : Respect, Dignity and Safety for All’.
(D) ’Together for Peace : Dignity, Respect and Safety for ALL’.
- ‘Red' is used as a danger signal because
(A) blood is red.
(B) red light is scattered least by the air molecules.
(C) ed colour is easily available.
(D) Red colour is soothing for eye.
- 'RADAR' stands for
(A) Radio Detection and Ranging
(B) Ready Advanced Appliance for Ranging
(C) Range Detection Appliance for Airplane Ranging
(D) Ready Advanced Airplane Ranging
- The International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer is observed on
(A) September 12
(B) September 14
(C) September 16
(D) September 20
- Who is the author of the book 'An Era of Darkness : The British Empire in India' ?
(A) Amrish Tripathi
(B) Hamid Ansari
(C) Shashi Tharoor
(D) Romesh Dutt
- Manipuri is to Dance as Urdu is to _______ .
- Number : Mathematics :: Notes : ?
- Astronomy means study of the —
- World Consumer Rights day is on :
(A) 15th January
(B) 15th February
(C) 15th March
(D) 15th April
- Darwin and Wallace were both strongly influenced by the book "An Essay on the Principle of Population" written by :
- World cancer Day was observed in 2015 across the world on
(A) 10th January
(B) 4th February
(C) 5th June
(D) 15th July
- Who wrote the autobiography "One Life is not enough" ?
(A) Sanjay Baru
(B) Arjun Singh
(C) Brajesh Mishra
(D) K. Natwar Singh
- Alleppo is a rebellious province of
- The Maha Kumbh was celebrated in 2013 for
(A) 44 days
(B) 55 days
(C) 49 days
(D) 61 days
- INS Vikramaditya is
(A) a nuclear powered submarine
(B) an aircraft carrier
(C) a leander class frigate
(D) a patrol boat
- Which one of the following is a medium range missile ?
- RADAR is used for
(A) locating submerged submarines.
(B) receiving signals in a radio receiver.
(C) locating geostationary satellites.
(D) detecting and locating the position of objects such as aeroplane.
- Human Rights Day is observed on —
(A) 10th March
(B) 10th May
(C) 10th September
(D) 10th December
- The founder of Facebook is —
(A) Steve Jobs
(B) Mark Zuckerberg
(C) Larry Page
(D) Bill Gates
- National Integration Day is celebrated on :
(A) 30th October
(B) 19th November
(C) 25th September
(D) 29th September
- India's third research centre at Antarctika is named as :